October 3, 2016
Calista Corporation Announces Stock Will Drive
Drawing: 25 Shareholders Will Win $250 Each
(Anchorage, Alaska) –
Calista Corporation announces the inaugural Stock Will Drive for Calista Shareholders. Stock WIll Forms are posted on Calista’s corporate website, and available directly from Shareholder Records. Shareholder Records can be reached by calling 1-800-277-5516, 907-275-2800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All properly completed Calista Stock Will Forms physically received by Calista by 5p.m. on October 31, 2016 will be entered into a drawing. Any Calista Shareholder that has previously completed a Stock Will Form is also eligible. A total of 25 names will be drawn and each will win $250.00. Completed forms can be securely faxed to 907-275-2922.
“Taking care of family means making sure they are looked after, even when you are no longer around,” said Calista Corporation Shareholder Records Manager Rose Kairaiuak. “Wills ensure your last wishes are known and followed. If a will is valid, t hen shares are transferred as your will directs. Without a will, Alaska Statues provide guidance on who inherits the shares.”
The Shareholder Records team travels to different villages each year. During the month of October 2016, they are traveling to 11 communities in the Calista Region, plus Kenai and Wasilla. In 2017 the team will travel to additional villages.
- Oct. 4, 10am – 5pm: MatSu Valley, Palmer Elks Lodge
- Oct. 5, 12-5pm: Kenai, Kenaitze Wellness Center
- Oct. 11, 1:30 – 8pm: St. Mary’s, St. Mary’s Native Corp office
- Oct. 12, 10am – 5pm: Mountain Village, Azachorok, Inc. office
- Oct. 13, 10am – 5pm: Pilot Station, Tribal Bingo building
- Oct. 14, 9am – 1:30pm: Pitka’s Point, Pitka’s Point Native Corp office
- Oct. 17, 10am – 5pm: Scammon Bay, Askinuk Corp office
- Oct. 18, 8am – 5pm: Hooper Bay, Sea Lion Corp office
- Oct. 19, 8am – TBD: Hooper Bay, Sea Lion Corp office
- Oct. 19, 2pm – 5pm: Chevak, Chevak Corp office
- Oct. 20, 8am – 12pm: Chevak, Chevak Corp office
- Oct. 24, 3:30pm – 8pm: Nunam Iqua, Sheldon Point Tribal office
- Oct. 25, 8am – 10am: Nunam Iqua, Sheldon Point Tribal office
- Oct. 25, 11am – 6pm: Alakanuk, City office
- Oct. 26, 8am – 11am: Alakanuk, City office
- Oct. 26, 1pm – 6pm: Emmonak, Emmonak Corp. office
- Oct. 27, 8am – 11am: Emmonak, Emmonak Corp. office
- Oct. 27, 1pm – 6pm: Kotlik, Kotlik Yup’ik Corp. office
- Oct. 28, 8am – 11am: Kotlik, Kotlik Yup’ik Corp. office
October 2016 Tour Flyer: Click here (jpg version, 851kb)
PDF version of this announcement: Click here.
The second largest of the original 13 Alaska Native Corporations, Calista Corporation was established under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971 and represents approximately 13,000 Shareholders. The Calista region encompasses more than 6.5 million acres and includes 56 villages, which are incorporated into 46 individual village corporations. Since 1994, Calista has provided more than $4 Million in scholarships and since inception more than $43.2 Million in dividends and Elders’ Benefit Program distributions to its Shareholders and Descendants.
Calista Corporation is the parent company of more than 35 subsidiaries in the following industries: military defense contracting, construction, real estate, environmental and natural resource development, and information technology. Calista can be found onFacebook and Twitter.