Calista Corporation Board of Directors Update
Dec. 11, 2014
Recently the Calista Corporation Board of Directors held a regularly scheduled quarterly board meeting. A recap of key decisions is outlined below. As a reminder, a Calista Shareholder can write to Calista and request approved meeting minutes of previous board meetings.
Several years ago, the Board made a decision to hold one meeting each year near a subsidiary located outside of Alaska. The purpose is two-fold: have a regularly scheduled board meeting, and also learn first-hand about a Calista subsidiary’s operations and meet their management. Any travel upgrades are at the personal expense of the director.
In 2013 the Board held a meeting in Seattle, allowing the Board an opportunity to tour real estate holdings owned by subsidiary Calista Real Estate. In previous years meetings were held outside of Denver, near a satellite operations center owned by subsidiary Futaris; and in Huntsville, Alabama, the location of Calista’s largest subsidiary, Yulista.
This year the meeting was held in Honolulu so the Board could analyze Tunista Services operations. This subsidiary has successfully operated in Honolulu for nearly a decade.
Some key actions and meeting items include:
- Approval of a $325 Elders’ Benefit Program distribution this month, the seventh consecutive distribution for original Shareholders 65 years of age and older
- Review of 2014 year-to-date financial data
- Review of subsidiary business plans and operations updates
- Analysis and approval of the 2015 budget
- Update on Shareholder Relations Committee activities
- Initial outline of the 2015 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Review of Akilista Fund investment performance
- Tour of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
- Tour of Tunista Services operations
- Meet with potential business partner from Japan
(click for larger image)
Calista Corporation Shareholder dividends and Elders’ Benefit Program distributions since inception (jpg)