Calista Corporation each year schedules an Annual Meeting of Shareholders. This meeting is crucial because Shareholders elect members to the Board of Directors and vote on any proposed resolutions. Due to the high cost of travel, annual meetings are generally held throughout the Calista Region in order to reach as many Shareholders as possible.
Shareholder Award Nominations
2019 nominations will open by March 2019.
Annual Meeting Packet Mailing Change
To save over $40,000 and reduce paper use by about 3 tons each year, Annual Meeting Packets are now delivered one per Shareholder household. Each individual voting Shareholder will receive his/her own proxy voting form. Click here for more details on the Annual Meeting Packet Mailing Change.
Quorum* must be met in order to conduct a valid meeting. If too few Shareholders vote and quorum is not reached, the Annual Meeting must be rescheduled, which would cost Calista and its Shareholders significant time, effort, and money.
Historically, the average Shareholder voting participation of all Annual Meetings is only 50.36%. For the last 6 Annual Meetings, less than 4 in 10 Shareholders 18-39 years old voted. And less than half of Shareholders in their 40s voted.
*As required for ANCSA corporations, Calista’s quorum requirement: A majority (more than 50%) of all outstanding shares must be represented in person or by proxy.
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders is held at least once every five years in Bethel, and at least once every seven years in Anchorage. The other meetings will be held in villages in the Calista Region selected by the Board of Directors.
2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders information
- Date: TBD
- Community: TBD
- Location: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Annual Meeting packet mail date: TBD
Voting Information / Prize Deadlines
Voting website: www.CalistaVote.com
- Note: Open during the election period only
Paper Proxy deadlines
- Early Bird Prizes deadline: TBD
- Regular Proxy deadline: TBD
Online Proxy deadlines (also eligible for Paper Proxy prizes)
- Online Early Bird Prizes deadline: TBD
- Online Regular Proxy deadline: TBD
All proxy votes and ballots are received, verified, and counted by an independent Inspector of Elections. All proxy prize winners are randomly drawn by the Inspector of Elections.
- Through 2018, a total of 32 communities have hosted 44 annual meetings
- The Calista Region is located in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
- More than 60% of Shareholders live in the Calista Region
- Online voting was first made available in 2014
- Of Calista’s roughly 28,000 Shareholders, about 9,000 are original Shareholders