Calista Corporation Extends CARES Application Deadline
Over $7.8 Million Going to Eligible Shareholders Who Already Applied
November 15, 2021
(Anchorage, Alaska) – Calista Corporation celebrates the success of its CARES Act Tribal relief fund financial assistance program. Six weeks after launching, over 24,000 or 72 percent of Shareholders have successfully completed Calista’s application. Facing a federal deadline, Calista is extending the deadline to November 30 at 11:59pm. This is the FINAL opportunity for Shareholders who haven’t applied.
- The online application can still be found at www.CalistaCorp.com/CARESact
- Only Shareholders who have not yet applied are eligible to complete the application
- The extended deadline is November 30 at 11:59pm
- Each qualified applicant will receive $325
- Financial assistance payments go out by direct deposit or paper check on or by December 27
- Calista Shareholders who applied by the original November 15 deadline and are qualified will receive their $325
- Financial assistance payments go out by direct deposit or paper check on or by December 8
- About 7 in 10 Shareholders completed the online application using their smartphone
- About 7 in 10 Elders applied
According to federal CARES Act Tribal relief fund requirements, beneficiaries must prove or certify financial harm due to the pandemic. Calista received $12.2 million in early August, and the Board directed $11.4 million, or 93 percent, of these funds to be available as direct financial assistance to Shareholders. Additionally, $10,000 was directed to purchasing fish for distribution to lower Yukon River delta communities, and any remaining CARES funds to be considered for additional Shareholder or community support, partially cover the costs to administer Calista’s CARES assistance program, or other federally-approved expenditures.
Click the button above to start your application now!
Calista Corporation has over 34,500 Shareholders and is the parent company of more than 30 subsidiaries in the following industries: defense contracting, construction, real estate, environmental services, natural resource development, marine transportation, oilfield services, and heavy equipment sales, service and rentals. Since 1994, Calista has provided more than $5.5 million in scholarships to its Shareholders and Descendants. Since inception, Calista has declared more than $89.3 million in dividends and distributions, and $8.2 million in Elders’ Benefit Program distributions to Shareholders. Calista can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.