Calista Corporation Shareholders Will Receive 15 Percent Higher Akilista Distribution
Shareholder Enrollment Grows to Over 35,800
October 17, 2022
(Anchorage, Alaska) – The Calista Corporation Board of Directors and the Trustees of the Calista Settlement Trust recently approved the largest Akilista (AW-kee-lis-tah) total distribution to Shareholders, over 2.3 times higher than the first Akilista distribution in 2014. More than 35,800 Shareholders qualify to receive this distribution from the Settlement Trust.
- The 2022 Akilista distribution is one of two annual distributions routinely authorized by the board to all Shareholders, regardless of age
- This year’s Akilista distribution is $3.85 million, a 15 percent increase from last year
- Calista enrolled 1,200 more Calista Descendants over the past year
- About $2.3 million will go into the Yukon-Kuskokwim Region (6 in 10 Shareholders live in Y-K)
- Distribution will occur on or before November 18, 2022
- Direct deposit updates must be received by October 24, and address updates by October 28
- Direct deposit and address updates can be completed at MyCalista.com, the free Shareholder portal
Distributions are per share. The 2022 Akilista distribution is approximately $1.00 per issued share. The average Shareholder owns 100 shares and will receive an estimated $100.
“Families from the Region experienced extra burden from the storm this year,” says Calista Corp. Board Chair Willie Kasayulie. “Calista’s Akilista distribution is one way to alleviate the financial stress caused by many outside factors and provide our Shareholders with the benefits possible through the company’s growth.”
The exact dollar value of this distribution will be determined after the date of record. Direct deposits and printed checks will be distributed on or before November 18.
The Akilista distribution is based on the monthly market value of the Akilista investment portfolio for the prior three years. Akilista distributions are from the Calista Settlement Trust, which are not taxable. Calista Shareholders will not receive a 1099 IRS form.