Through its Public Advocacy and Engagement Committee (PAEC), Calista Corporation seeks allies in federal and state government who will work with us to:
- Support economic growth that expands Shareholder benefits including jobs, workforce development, dividends and distributions
- Help improve the social condition of the people of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Region
We encourage all Shareholders to help Get out the Y-K Vote!
The Public Advocacy & Engagement Committee (PAEC) was founded on December 6, 2017, and seeks to increase the political influence of Calista Corporation through expanded advocacy, public and Shareholder education, voter mobilization, and political support for the people of the Yukon-Kuskokwim (YK) region.
Current members: Willie Kasayulie (Chair), Margaret Pohjola, Kory Joe, Fred Phillip, Robert Beans, Jolene M. John (alternate), Andrew Guy and Thom Leonard.
The PAEC 2022 regional priorities for federal candidates include:
- Continued low salmon runs and continued closure of subsistence and commercial fisheries for king and chum salmon
- Lack of infrastructure in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Region including vital broadband, transportation, and water and sewer
- Ice road construction and maintenance
- Support for a full, statutorial Permanent Fund Dividend
- Housing for law enforcement officials in rural areas
- Yukon-Kuskokwim Regional Tribal Government
- Violence Against Women Act reauthorization
- Sustainable resource development in the region