Through its Public Advocacy and Engagement Committee (PAEC), Calista Corporation seeks allies in federal and state government who will work with us to:
- Support economic growth that expands Shareholder benefits including jobs, workforce development, dividends and distributions
- Help improve the social condition of the people of the Yukon Kuskokwim Region
The Public Advocacy & Engagement Committee (PAEC) was founded on December 6, 2017, and seeks to increase the political influence of Calista Corporation through expanded advocacy, public and Shareholder education, voter mobilization, and political support for the people of the Yukon Kuskokwim (YK) region.
Current members: Robert Beans (Chair), Johnnie Evan, Earl Samuelson, Willie Kasayulie, Dora C. Moore, Fred Phillip, Andrew Guy and Thom Leonard.
The PAEC 2020 regional priorities for federal candidates include:
- Increasing broadband internet capacity and stability in rural Alaska
- Ensuring all Alaskans have access to clean water and sanitation
- Ensuring rural communities receive reliable air service and protecting Medevac services
- Restoring economic health amid unprecedented national and global economic challenges
- Support for the proposed Donlin Gold mine as an opportunity to provide local jobs and leverage infrastructure improvements for the entire YK region
- Equitable and expedient distribution of CARES Act Tribal Relief Funds
- Support for Tribal sovereignty and Tribal efforts to form a Regional Tribal Government