September 9, 2016
Calista Corporation Announces Second Direct Deposit Drawing
10 Prizes of $250 Each
(Anchorage, Alaska) –
Calista Corporation announces the second drawing for fully completed direct deposit applications. Applications are included in the August/September issue of Storyknife that mailed this week. Fillable forms are also posted on Calista’s corporate website, www.calistacorp.com, on the Shareholder Information page.
All properly completed direct deposit application forms physically received by Calista by 5 p.m. on September 23, 2016 will be entered into a drawing. A total of 10 names will be drawn and each will win $250.00. All Shareholders that have already submitted a properly completed application will also qualify for the drawing.
Village Corporations or Traditional Councils can request a fill able electronic direct deposit forms by emailing calista <at> calistacorp [dot] com.
Shareholder dividends total $38.9 Million, with $18.9 Million, or 49 percent, of that total declared since 2014. Spring dividends are determined from Shareholder equity. Fall dividends come from the Akilista investment portfolio, which made distributions in 2014 and 2015. This is an investment fund created to provide a perpetual source of dividends not dependent on business operations. Separately, Calista has declared an Elders’ Benefit Distribution each year since 2008, totaling $4.3 Million.
- LTD dividends only (jpeg version 840kb; png version 89kb)
- LTD dividends and Elders’ Benefit Program (jpeg version 772kb; png version 65kb)
The second largest of the original 13 Alaska Native Corporations, Calista Corporation was established under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971 and represents approximately 13,000 Shareholders. The Calista region encompasses more than 6.5 million acres and includes 56 villages, which are incorporated into 46 individual village corporations. Since 1994, Calista has provided more than $4 Million in scholarships and since inception more than $43.2 Million in dividends and Elders’ Benefit Program distributions to its Shareholders and Descendants.
Calista Corporation is the parent company of more than 35 subsidiaries in the following industries: military defense contracting, construction, communications, real estate, environmental and natural resource development, and information technology. Calista can be found on Facebook and Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to win 1 of the 10 prizes of $250.00?
- Any Calista Shareholder that fully completes a direct deposit application, and the application is received by Calista by Sept. 23, 2016.
I submitted a direct deposit application earlier this year. Do I still qualify?
I mailed my direct deposit form early, but the post office didn’t deliver it until after Sept. 23, 2016. Do I still qualify?
- No. Calista is not responsible for lost, misdirected or damaged mail.
When is the next dividend?
- Dividend distributions are voted upon and approved by the Calista Board of Directors. Once approved an announcement will be made at that time.
If the Board approves and Akilista dividend, how much will it be?
- The vote will take place in late October. Calista will know at that time. (Note: The Akilista dividend policy states that any distribution will be no more than 4% of the proper 3 calendar year-end market value. For a distribution to be approved, the market value must be at least $40 million.)
For more questions and answers, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on our website.