Calista’s Akilista Distribution Exceeds $4 Million for First Time
Over 36,900 Shareholders to Receive Record Payment
October 16, 2023
(Anchorage, Alaska) – The Calista Corporation Board of Directors and the Trustees of the Calista Settlement Trust has approved a record $4.14 million Akilista (AW-kee-LIS-tah) distribution to Shareholders. Over 36,900 Shareholders qualify to receive this distribution from the Settlement Trust.
- The 2023 Akilista distribution is one of two annual distributions routinely authorized by the board to all Shareholders, regardless of age
- This year’s Akilista total distribution is 7 percent higher than last year’s, and 2.5 times higher than the first one in 2014
- Calista enrolled 1,200 more Calista Descendants over the past year
- About $2.5 million will go to Yukon-Kuskokwim Region households (6 in 10 Shareholders live in Y-K)
- Distribution will occur on or before November 13, 2023
- Direct deposit updates must be received by October 23, and address updates by October 27
- Direct deposit and address updates can be completed at MyCalista.com, the free Shareholder portal
Distributions are per share. The 2023 Akilista distribution is approximately $1.04 per issued share. The average Shareholder owns 100 shares and will receive an estimated $104.
“It is great to see Calista’s success—our company’s success—reflected in the Akilista distribution,” says Willie Kasayulie, Calista Corp. Board Chair. “Shareholder distributions are one of the ways for Calista to provide benefits to our Shareholders. Thanks to the growth of our company, this distribution will help address our Shareholders’ ever-growing living expenses.”
The exact dollar value of this distribution will be determined after the date of record. Direct deposits and printed checks will be distributed on or before November 13. The Akilista distribution is based on the monthly market value of the Akilista investment portfolio for the prior three years. Akilista distributions are from the Calista Settlement Trust, which are not taxable. Calista Shareholders will not receive a 1099 IRS form.
Calista Corporation has over 36,900 Shareholders and is the parent company of more than 30 subsidiaries in the following industries: defense contracting, construction, real estate, environmental services, natural resource development, marine transportation, oilfield services, and heavy equipment sales, service and rentals. Since 1994, Calista has provided more than $6.1 million in scholarships to its Shareholders and Descendants. Since inception, Calista has declared more than $128.5 million in dividends and distributions, including $10.2 million in Elders’ Benefit Program distributions to Shareholders. Calista can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.