Congrats to the 2023 Calista Storyknife Contest Winners
Two Shareholders Who Completed Newsletter Survey Each Won $1,000
October 11, 2023
(Anchorage, Alaska) – Calista Corporation would like to congratulate the two winners of the 2023 Calista Storyknife Contest:
- Nellie L. Abraham, Chefornak
- Samantha V.E. (Tinker) George, Pilot Station
The winners were selected in a random drawing of more than 3,000 Shareholders who completed an online survey about the Storyknife newsletter. Each will receive a $1,000 prize!
The purpose of the survey was to hear directly from Shareholders about their newsletter preferences. According to the survey results:
- Nearly half (48 percent) of respondents read the mail version of the newsletter, and most of the rest either read the electronic version, or both versions
- Only 6 percent don’t read the newsletter
- A vast majority (83 percent) like the newsletter content and less than 1 percent don’t
- More than half (67 percent) say the newsletter has a good amount of content, with some wanting more (22 percent)
- The highest-ranking topic in the newsletter is the Yup’ik/Cup’ik Teaching Moment, followed by the Board Chair and President Messages
“Quyana to all who responded to the survey. It’s great to see so many of our Shareholders read and like the stories in our newsletter,” says Thom Aparuk Leonard, Calista Corp. Vice President of Corporate Affairs.“ The results also show us that our Shareholders are hungry for culturally-centered content and want to hear from our company leadership, as well.”
Additional background on the Calista Storyknife Contest, including the contest rules, can be found at: www.calistacorp.com/2023-calista-storyknife-contest
Calista Corporation has over 36,900 Shareholders and is the parent company of more than 30 subsidiaries in the following industries: defense contracting, construction, real estate, environmental services, natural resource development, marine transportation, oilfield services, and heavy equipment sales, service and rentals. Since 1994, Calista has provided more than $6.1 million in scholarships to its Shareholders and Descendants. Since inception, Calista has declared more than $124 million in dividends and distributions, including $10.2 million in Elders’ Benefit Program distributions to Shareholders. Calista can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.