Calista Corporation each year schedules an Annual Meeting of Shareholders. This meeting is crucial because Shareholders elect members to the Board of Directors and vote on any proposed resolutions. Due to the high cost of travel, annual meetings are generally held in the Calista Region in order to reach as many Shareholders as possible.
A quorum* must be met in order to conduct a valid meeting. If too few Shareholders vote and quorum is not reached, the Annual Meeting must be rescheduled, which would cost Calista and its Shareholders significant time, effort and money. Historically, the average Shareholder voting participation of all Annual Meetings is only 50.15%.
*Calista's quorum requirement: A majority (more than 50%) of all outstanding shares must be represented in person or by proxy.
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders is held at least once every five years in Bethel, and at least once every seven years in Anchorage. The other meetings will be held in villages in the Calista Region selected by the Board of Directors.
2017 Annual Meeting of Shareholders information
- Date: July 7
- Community: Sleetmute
- Location: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Annual Meeting packet mail date: TBD
- Quorum information: click here
Voting information / deadlines
- Voting website: www.CalistaVote.com
- Note: Online voting information located in the Annual Meeting packet (on the proxy form)
- Opens: TBD
- Early Bird deadline: TBD
- Regular proxy deadline: TBD
- All proxy votes and ballots are received, verified and counted by an independent Inspector of Elections
- Through 2016, a total of 31 communities have hosted 42 annual meetings
- The Calista Region is located in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
- More than 60% of Shareholders live in the Calista Region
- Online voting was first made available in 2014